Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Itch your Porsche 356

I am crazy about the art form called trome l'oeil. I posted another portion of this wall on Sunday at Tampa Florida Photo and liked the scene so much I just had to show more of the artist's creation in much greater detail. The entire scene, painted on the side of an auto audio and home theater store, includes three garages containing a MINI, a Mercedes 300 Gullwing and this one of the Porsche 356. The artist, Dr. Doodle, has painted himself on the top right sitting on a wood plank, paint brush in hand. The entire scene is on a flat, stuccoed wall and is a totally handpainted, faux picture. It amazes me that an artist can create such exquisite illusion with just paint, skill and talent. The realism is so much fun to behold. Go to the artist's webside, Dr. Doodle, HERE, if you want to see more of his work.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a really nice piece of work. Not so easy to do but accomplished people can do it very well. And this is one of those. Nice shot.

Lowell said...

I'd think that painting such a mural can not be easy to do...it would take a very perceptive eye...

And this is excellent work.

I pined for one of those Porsches in my younger years. Didn't do any good. Left me with needles in my pants!

Don and Krise said...

That is one talented man. I have great respect for the person that can see the picture in their mind and actually transfer it to their hand. Cool posts Frank.

Lois said...

It is amazing! I'm always fascinated by murals like this. I'll check out his website.

B SQUARED said...

I agree with you completely. I find them fascinating. We have an artist who does the same thing in Ft. L. I have shown his work many times.