Sunday, October 25, 2009

MONOCHROME Weekly: REFLECTIONS of nature abound


My thanks for challenging me each week to capture a small piece of my colorful world in black, white and shades of gray. (I'm always surprised when one of my black and whites images is showcased along with more outstanding photos by my fellow Monochrome Maniacs from around the world.)

This delightful Florida lake, though small and not exactly hidden in the boonies, is very attractive and provided me with lots of opportunities to see different parts and pieces of the natural world combined with the assorted things humans had introduced to make the lake more accommodating. Fishermen, boaters, swimmers and those who might just enjoy putting their feet up and snoozing for a while can all feel right at home here, fast. The small cabin, the dock and the trailer loaded with canoes fit well with the towering trees and water. It all seemed to fit together.

If you love your world in black and white, be sure and visit some of the world's most interesting places and experience the incredible photographic artistry of Monochrome Maniacs!

Check out other great WEEKEND REFLECTIONS HERE (that James is making possible through his blog, Newtown Daily Photo.)

11 comments:

James said...

Hello Frank. I'm glad that you decided to participate in Weekend Reflections this week. I enjoy your photos everyday. I agree that this picture fits together. My eyes are drawn to the rack with the boats and the big tree but all off the other parts are good too.
This is a very nice picture.

Lowell said...

You've made black & white lush and lovely...one thing I like, too, is the cool effect...so I'll think of this as a cool, fall day.

The scene could be one found in many places around our fair land.

Very nicely done.

Lucy Corrander said...

Eyes straight to the boats on the rack . . . then to the pool.

It made me realise how I respond differently to a boat depending whether it's stored sideways or upside down. Upside down it seems almost part of the nature . . . sideways - and it reminds me there are humans near by.

In the water . . . that's another thing again!

Lucy

Don and Krise said...

This reminds me of summertime weekends where the family would go to some lake near the woods. boating, swimming, all kinds of fun. Looks great in mono too Frank.

Martha said...

Nice shot - gotta love our state :-)

Three Rivers, Michigan said...

A lovely photograph - am I wrong to worry about alligators? :-)

John said...

A 'gone fishing' kind of mood.

Frank said...

@ In Three Rivers, Michigan - As Jacob said Florida has a lot of lakes like this one and you're not wrong to keep an eye open for alligators. It would not be surprising at all to find them lounging about at the edge of this lake...waiting for bit of lunch to get too close. They are in the strangest and most unexpected places.

slim said...

It does all work together in a tranquil scene. The canoe on the top rack is what makes it for me.

Maurice Lauher said...

My eye went straight to the old tree. That old guy has seen alot. If he could only talk.

Anonymous said...

That looks so inviting on a grey day.