Sunday, July 05, 2009

Brazilian Jeans Win for Best Tampa Mural


OK, you guessed it, it was my contest and I chose the winner, of which there was only one entry. Brazilian Jeans from Feranda. It was a tough decision but, in the end, she, I mean this mural, won. It was the graphic design. Use of color and crisp photography. Typography. Use of exterior mural materials. All of these individual elements contributed mightily to my awarding this street mural, hidden as it is on a west-facing wall on Platt Street, as the newly-crowned winner. Ever since this company was uprooted from Hyde Park Village I wondered where they had moved. The owner is super nice. Even though I personally cannot wear their clothing, it doesn't mean I can't appreciate its creative use of fabrics, its rich style and good fashion taste - you know my wife isn't buying even one word of this. I'm sure you would agree that we should be celebrating the culture, food and music of our South American neighbor. Come on, isn't this the country that brought us the "Girl from Ipanema" and the movie "Blame it on Rio"?) Every evening as HRH Porter, the Peke, gets walked, he would insist on passing the windows of Feranda Jeans, just to see if any cute, fluffy pocket poodles (his favs!) had been carried inside by their frou-frou owners looking to wear a bit of Brazil on the streets of Tampa. He had missed the store tremendously. (And doesn't know I've found it.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A beautiful billboard picture to be sure. A little too much tan for me but the girl is still nice looking in those jeans.

Lowell said...

I have no comment. Well, other than to say I understand why you posted this. I would have done the same thing. I like it a lot. She's very attractive. What jeans?

Ooops! I wasn't going to comment.

I'm sorry. I'll try to be better next time!

You rascal, you!

Don and Krise said...

Frank, what a connoisseur of fine art you have become. What an eye for color you have. Oh, what the heck, way to go buddy!!!

VP said...

I can say that the jeans part is barely tolerable. Very good choice.

Lois said...

I'm not commenting!