Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Fresh, Still-Wiggling Crab Dinner

This beautiful Florida waterbird finally found his sought-after fresh crab dinner. This is unquestionably the just-caught chef's special. (The crab still thought he might have a chance of escape.) The bird was carefully eyeing me wondering if I had designs on his selection but I'd have to wrestle the crab from that beak. No thanks. There were herons, ibis, egrets and dozens of sea gulls working this spot along the bay. You would have thought it was an All-You-Can-Eat Night at a Red Lobster restaurant.

5 comments:

Don and Krise said...

If it's all you can eat and the crabs are all that size, we'd better catch us some more of them there crabs don'tcha think? I think he had his eye on you Frank.

B SQUARED said...

I forgot to mention the crabs.

Lois said...

He does look like he is daring you to touch his meal Frank! That's a beautiful bird.

VP said...

It has the eye of someone that has just sneaked into the last parking spot!

Frank said...

This bird (whatever kind he is?) let me get really close. It may be obvious from my posts but I shoot with a simple LUMIX TZ-1 without a long lens or high pixels. I do like it because I can get closer with its 10x Leica lens. But I was shooting several birds that all were in the wet sand and rocks so I climbed down and moved in slowly. I didn't get even ONE crab from any of them.