Thursday, July 30, 2009

An unstable foundation for worship

I think this old wood structure was moved to this tiny lot. The brick foundation peers look new so my guess is they wanted to relocate the building to this street and did the preparation work before the move. Now they have to hook up electrical, gas and other utilities, and of course construct a new porch and steps front and back. Overall it appears to need quite a bit of work to the roof, walls and windows. I hope it's worth all the time and effort - even if they got it for free. From seeing the cross above the front door it might have been a small church office or maybe even a Sunday school building. It's only about 500 square feet. It needs a lot of hours and dedication before it can be used again. The project would be perfect for a volunteer team if it is a church that owns it. I wish the new owners great success.

7 comments:

Lowell said...

Even if so inclined, I think I'd find a more stable place to worship...

Another one of your most interesting captures, Frank!

James said...

I looks like someone could put it on the bed of a pick-up truck and have a church camper.

Don and Krise said...

Say a prayer when you walk through the door. Hopefully faith will do the rest.

VP said...

I think James had a good idea! This is a quite strange capture: for us the idea of 'moving' usually doesn't include the office or the house!

Lois said...

If they went to all the trouble to move it, hopefully they are going to restore it carefully too. I would love to see what it looks like when they are done!

Hilda said...

It looks so tiny! Almost like a playhouse.

Is it your birthday, Frank? If it is, then I wish you a wonderful day full of joy and love! If it isn't, I wish you the same anyway! :D

Mo said...

Looks a little like a trailer home