Monday, June 01, 2009

Theme Day: Feet

The feet of an immigrant family, a mother and father, and their son and daughter, are depicted newly arrived in Ybor City, now a part of Tampa. Simply named Immigrant Statue, it was designed by artist Anthony Cardoso and sculpted by Steve Dickey. It was dedicated in Ybor City's Centennial Park in 1992.

The inscription reads:

To those courageous men and women who came to this country in search of personal freedom, economic opportunity and a future of hope for their families.

(See the magnificent statue in its entirety at Tampa Florida Photo.)

Click here to view thumbnails for all participants in June's Theme Day: FEET

12 comments:

Lois said...

Very nice Theme Day post! I looked at your photo of the entire statue and I must say it is wonderful. The expressions on the faces are so moving.

Mo said...

Love those boots

Jane Hards Photography said...

Very poignant choice for the theme.

VP said...

Great choice for a Theme Day post, the detail is appropriate and the whole statue wonderful.

I forgot to say that I linked a post of yours here: Vigili del Fuoco, as the 'inspiration' for mine...

Tussy said...

Boots look good :)

Thanks for stop by my blog, I just join CDP not long ago. It is good fun for participating Theme Day.

My Bangkok Through My Eyes!
You Got A Posty
All Little Things I Like
Thailand In Photos

Don and Krise said...

Your photo has the feel of the old west in it. Nicely done.

Jilly said...

Brilliant choice for Theme day and so moving.

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

very interesting choice. well done for today

Hilda said...

And despite the financial difficulties there too, they still keep coming, I'm sure. Opportunities in the U.S. are still much better than in a lot of countries (like the Philippines, unfortunately). Great choice for theme day. Quite thought-provoking for me too.

Leif Hagen said...

Tampa feet! Florida feet! Immigrant feet meet America feet! Greet feet meet new feet! Statue feet, bronze feet, family feet, newcomer feet! Your historic theme feet were a treat! EAGAN daily photo feet greet from my friendly Minnesota feet street!

Paula said...

What an interesting point of view, it seems more like Ellis island than Florida. Great for Theme Day.

B SQUARED said...

Can't help but reflect how the times have changed.